Number of items and dimensions of hand baggage allowed to be taken to the cabin are different, depending on the airline companies.
When packing items to the hand baggage, it is important to observe the following rules regarding:
Baggage wrapping and storage
Baggage packing and storage service is available at Vilnius Airport. The service is provided by a company UAB Baltic Ground Services. For information about the services provided and their price, click here. The working hours are in line with the flight schedule, and payment for the services can be made in cash or by bank card. The service is provided in the general departure lounge.
In addition, the services specified below are provided:
- Weighing of suitcases - 2 EUR per unit;
- Printing of documents required for travel - 1 EUR per sheet.
Dimensions, weight and price of checked baggage depends on the airline company. However, the maximum permissible weight of baggage shall not exceed 32 kg.
It is recommended not to bring fragile (e.g. computers), expensive items, documents, bank cards in the checked baggage. Do not leave your bag unattended at the airport. Do not let others pack your bag and always take into account the applicable rules.
If you want to carry non-standard dimensions baggage (e.g. bicycles, skiing inventory, etc.), please apply to the airline companies regarding the possibilities, requirements and prices of carriage of such type of baggage.
Lost & Found
For baggage that was lost or damaged during travel, please contact the ground handling company servicing the airline. Companies operating at Vilnius Airport:
UAB Litcargus, located in Sector A of the Arrivals Hall on the ground floor.
Tel.: +370 614 12881
UAB Baltic Ground Services, located in sector A of the Arrivals Hall on the ground floor.
Tel.: +370 610 75212
If you need more info about baggage:
In case of travelling with a pet:
The main documents required for travelling pets are a Pet passport and a veterinary entry document for animals. Rules and recommendations for travelling with pet animals are laid down and regulated by the State Food and Veterinary Service of the Republic of Lithuania. More information is available on the Service website www.vmvt.lt, section FAQ, category "Travelling with pets")
If you need medicines during your trip:
- No more than 5 original packages of medicinal products are allowed to be brought in without the prescription copy or physician`s certificate. With the prescription copy or physician's certificate, allowable number could be from 6 to 9 original packages of medicinal product of the same name, pharmaceutical form, strength and dosage number. More than 10 original packages of the same name medicinal product or more than 10 packages of the More than 10 original packages of the same name medicinal product or more than 10 packages of the medicinal products of different names are allowed to be brought only with a special physician's certificate. On conveying narcotic and psychotropic medicines through the border of the Republic of Lithuania, travellers (both those entering and those leaving the country) should observe the following rules: narcotic and psychotropic medicines are allowed to carry only for personal use in connection with health care; when going to a Schengen state, it is required to possess together with medicines carried a certificate in a prescribed form issued by a health care institution; and when going to a non-Schengen state, the copies of the prescriptions of medicines being carried are required (the copies of these prescriptions do not need to be endorsed by the Ministry of Health); only the certificate or prescription (a copy of the prescription) issued in the name of the traveller is valid;medicines shall not be carried in bigger amounts than indicated in the certificate or prescription (its copy); when going to a Schengen state, narcotic medicines can be carried in the amounts needed for a period no longer than 30 days, and when going to a non-Schengen state - for a period no longer than 15 days; psychotropic medicines can be carried in the amounts needed for a period no longer than 30 days; medicines shall be kept only in original packages (in which the medicines have been bought in pharmacies).
- If medicines are required for a longer treatment course, we suggest taking with you a certificate about disease and treatment prescribed, issued by a doctor in an appropriate foreign language, in order to consult foreign doctors for prescribing the necessary medicines.
- Narcotic medicines are the medicines containing substances such as buprenorphine, fentanyl, methadone, morphine, pethidine, tramadol.
- Psychotropic medicines are the medicines containing substances such as alprazolam, bromazepam, chlordiazepoxide, diazepam, estazolam, clonazepam, clorazepate, higher doze of codeine, fenobarbital, lorazepam, medazepam, midazolam, oxazepam, nitrazepam, pentazocine, temazepam, tetrazepam, triazolam, zolpidem.
- In case of any concerns regarding information on carriage of medicines through the border of the Republic of Lithuania, please apply to the State Medicines Control Agency under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania. Phone numbers: (+370 5) 261 65 49, (+370 5) 212 40 59. Website of this Service: http://www.vvkt.lt